Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Her Last sleep

It came to me like a black dreadful night
and took you away from me into  some unknown wilderness.
Just then the dance of the dawn was about to begin
Now I am alone, wandering in desolate wilderness.

 How frail were our vows, taken by us together
holding hands in our adolescent faith
and promising ourself eternal togetherness
 In life
In death!!!

That moment the way you looked at me
I somehow knew there was 'farewell in you'r eyes'

I had silently touched your forehead
 removed softly,the wayward, obstinate strands of hair falling on you'r face as usual
and had pulled myself aside
 with a silent cry inside.

 I knew those were the last moments
 of you'r valiant struggle.
I also knew having fought to the last
wounded ,your weapons had parted company.

I was helpless on all account
 I could'nt sahrpen your weapons
or give you new ones
For your fight is with death!!!
I watched silently your going away.
Frozen in my total helplessness

NO YOU ARE NOT AT FAULT
 IT IS I WHO BEAR THE SIN OF BETRAYAL
 FOR I AM STILL ALIVE
EVEN WHEN YOU ARE GONE.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ray your words sink into the skin settle inside the heart and shine into the wisdom mind. A reflection of life and death so sincerely placed you trace your affected state. Therapeutic and supported by the grace of Truth and real sensibility.

with love Carla Zurcher
your Spiritual Soul Sister

Lakshmi said...

Thank you for the poem. Very heartfelt.

Regards
Lakshmi

Celine - The Gypsy Soul ❤️ said...

Ray get back to me where r you