Sunday, December 23, 2007

Just another bloody day among days !!!

Question :How was your day?

Answer:If you have traveled in nausea inducing hills in a bus with hard seats for 12 hrs at a go, you might perhaps share my situation right now. Or may be you haven’t; in that case let me paint a picture. It is like incessant Big Wheel. You are squeamish because there are trees rushing by, mountains lumbering into the view and as soon as you attempt to focus through your half opened eyes, they slide away. You close your eyes, fighting off intense desire to disgorge the last meal and feel the tangential flight to the last sadistic curve the bus just described. It stops after eternity and then there is perfect silence shattered by someone retching violently, a child crying, having been jolted into wakefulness from slumber induced by perpetual motion and mother cooing softly. You are detached, numb, staring blankly at whatever comes to your field of vision.

My day was something like that!!!!!

Talk to consultants with super inflated ego. There is one, the first one to clone Hepatitis E virus in world; another, a walking encyclopedia so full of knowledge that he gets confused because his mind is full of possible possibilities; someone who walks around with his nose up in the stratosphere and yet another with nothing but intransigent irritating behavior and they throw odious looks at me. I have missed my breakfast, my head is spinning and I have to rush for a conference. I don't know the scope of the meeting. The useless invertebrate of an encyclopedia is no consolation. I take the crap, act like a experienced manager and spew the facts at the members, telling them what they did, where they fucked up and what they need to know. The conference is a success.

There are scores of things to be done. I rush back to make last minute checks. Heavens save me, should I end up making any mistake." My royal posterior will become private property of higher ups should I screw up". I think about the scheduled set to check my mails, try to recall the minutes of the meeting and I shake my head at the futility of even trying to recall the damn nocturnal event. My mind is blank but I know there was something that I had felt, something that is getting lost in this inexorable ring of dog-eat-dog blood orgy.

I take refuge in the far corner of department, trying to contain myself but there is no escape. My cell rings. Aaaaaaargh.

No comments: