Sunday, December 16, 2007

Lessons from Mr.Roach

On a lone, lonely, cold winter night,I was perambulating through the dirty streets of Shivajinagar, Bangalore. My mind, in the usual process of striving hard to be quiet. I happened to see a huge bandicoot, our eyes were locked for a second and we communicated without talking.

With a hedonistic stride of belonging to the “more evolved species” or knowing the fact that I would not have much in common with a nibbler, I decided to walk away, leaving him scurrying around.

While taking my next step over the cracked pavement, I was about to step on a cockroach, rage filled me without any reason, might be the same type that Hitler experienced with the Jews, like the misinterpretation of jihad.

I dint step for it screamed at me !!!!!

“ You son of yesterday, dare not place thy stinking sole on me
For I have been here for a long time, much more than you can imagine & I continue to be around, no matter if you decide to split an nuke”

I thought with a blank mind, said no more, thought no more, heard no more………………………………..Just walked into the darkness with the cold wind rustling the leaves on a cold winter night.

No comments: